Sculptural glass gravestone | “Heartbeat”
Sculptural glass gravestone – “Heartbeat” depicts two caressing hands, holding a tiny heart in the middle. The form of this layered glass gravestone is deceptively simple and plastic. This is the artist’s vision of unconditional love and care, which takes its roots in the relationship between mother and son. The characteristics that mother embeds in her offspring, by giving birth and protecting him, later manifest in the offspring’s relationship with others. The son becomes a doctor and dedicates all his life selflessly caring and saving the lives of others.
The glass memorial is dedicated to a doctor, cardio surgeon Ralfs Kolītis, who served patients at Pauls Stradiņš Clinical University Hospital, and his mother, Jaņina Kolīte.
This glass memorial depicts a fragile phenomenon – the arrival and departure of the soul. The first felt heartbeats of a newborn. And the everyday dedication to saving the heartbeats of others from entering eternal silence.
You are welcome to view video footage of the inauguration ceremony of the memorial!
- Technique: Horizontal layered glass
- Type of Glass: 8 mm Clear Glass
- Size (mm): ~ 1800 (H) x 600 (W) x 350 (D)
- Size (in): ~ 70.9″ (H) x 23.6″ (W) x 13.8″ (D)
- Weight: ~ 500 kg | ~ 1102 lbs
Price from: 25400 $
- The given price is for the standard configuration of the glass headstone, without a granite base.
- Learn about glass headstone prices and payment procedures here.